August 25, 2009

Some Handy Advice For Veterans

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 12:40

…who are a burden to society:

Now, there’s a solution for all US veterans!


[Oh, yes, leave it to the government to come up with this 'doozy'] The veteran's handbook, Your Life Your Choices, by Robert Pearlman, MD MPH, an advocate for physician-assisted suicide, was suspended under the Bush administration.

But guess what?

It’s ba-a-ack!

According to Jim Towey, the former director of the White House Office of Faith-Based Initiatives under President Bush, the 52-page booklet end of life planning document written by Dr. Pearlman makes injured veterans feel like a burden, encourages the severely injured to die and shouldn’t be anywhere near our veterans — especially those coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan with catastrophic injuries.

For example, let’s review a worksheet [on page 21 of this ‘death book’] for veterans lists various scenarios and asks users to then decide whether their own life would be “not worth living”:
What Makes Your Life Worth Living?
Instructions To help others make sense out of your answers, think about the following questions and be sure to explain your answers to your loved ones and health care providers.

If you checked "worth living, but just barely" for more than one factor, would a combination of these
factors make your life "not worth living?" If so, which factors?

If you checked "not worth living," does this mean that you would rather die than be kept alive?


If you checked "can't answer now," what information or people do you need to help you decide?


a. I can no longer walk but get around in a wheelchair.

b. I can no longer get outside—I spend all day at home.
c. I can no longer contribute to my family's well being.
d. I am in severe pain most of the time.
e. I have severe discomfort most of the time (such as
nausea, diarrhea, or shortness of breath).
f. I rely on a feeding tube to keep me alive.
g. I rely on a kidney dialysis machine to keep me alive.
h. I rely on a breathing machine to keep me alive.
i. I need someone to help take care of me all of time.
j. I can no longer control my bladder.
k. I can no longer control my bowels.
l. I live in a nursing home.
m. I can no longer think clearly-I am confused all the time.
n. I can no longer recognize family/friends
o. I can no longer talk and be understood by others.
p. My situation causes severe emotional burden for my family (such as feeling worried or stressed all the time).
q. I am a severe financial burden on my family.
r. I cannot seem to “shake the blues.”
s. Other (write in)

Instructions To help others make sense out of your answers, think about the following questions and be sure to explain your answers to your loved ones and health care providers.

If you checked "worth living, but just barely" for more than one factor, would a combination of these factors make your life "not worth living?" If so, which factors?

If you checked "not worth living," does this mean that you would rather die than be kept alive?

If you checked "can't answer now," what information or people do you need to help you decide?
***

Okay, I need to understand this. The items listed within this worksheet are to make one wonder if their life is worth it? Having veterans in my own family beginning with WWII, I can just imagine handing this crap to them once they returned home from duty… Imagine those who return traumatized with nightmares – is their life not worth living? Is this what we call ‘giving back’ to our brave vets? Assisting them towards euphanasia? As a caregiver for my 85 year-old elderly father, it seems to me that some of these questions relate quite well for the elderly as well… sorta like ‘killing two birds with one stone’, eh?

Seems to me, this is more like handing a loaded gun to those who deserve our love and support.

Let’s face it: since we live in the age of death, this might seem ‘acceptable’ but it is not. You be the judge.


Oh, just for the record, it seems that you have to be one step ahead of DC these days… When I returned to the Department of Veteran Affairs Website to review this crap today guess what?


Yup, just like the ‘snitch’ request the page [mysteriously] was not found:

PAGE NOT FOUND: The page you are looking for is unavailable. The page name may have changed, or the page has been removed. Please use the VA Search to find what you are looking for.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
To notify the VA of this broken link, please Contact the VA with the URL of the page you are trying to reach.

Methinks that posting was another 'oops'...

It is clear [to me] that the Obama Administration has a definite radical agenda and can not be trusted to protect the American people, but,

in the meantime,


may God help us.


4 comments on "Some Handy Advice For Veterans"

Adrianne Knobloch said...

Conspiculously ABSENT from msm reports is under whom and when the pamphlet was first inititated: 1996? I think they report? No matter, no matter how silent the Clintons have been on this, make no mistake, this is the culmination of Hillerycare.

The Clintons stay silent, always conspiring to get back in the white house.

Lorene Hopkins said...

Are there no depths to which these people will not sink? What a crock. May God have mercy on their souls. I don't know how Michell feels about America now, but I know America should be totally ashamed of our Government. I am.

Richard A. Bloom said...

This is Total insanity at its worse. That our troops who go over seas to defend our Nation come back home and immediately face another enemy, the same Government that they signed up with to keep America Safe and free.

debra rae steinman said...

It was doctor like the B*****d who wrote this book, who kept my father from getting the medical care he needed.

And when my father died, neither the VA or the Docs who treated him; showed one ounce of Compassion or Remorse.

They did have arrogant, self satisfie smirks on their faces; and made jokes about the patients under their 'loving' care.

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez