Please tell your elected officials to oppose the $825 billion 'American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009', commonly known as the stimulus bill, now making its way through Congress. This legislation is packed with pork, supports groups such as ACORN and will increase the national deficit to more than $2 trillion dollars which future generations will have to repay.
We must stop it in the Senate.
The Heritage Foundation has listed several top disastrous highlights:
1. Medicaid bailout - $87 billion for states
2. Medicaid expansion - expands eligibility to anyone whose income is less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Line
3. Family Planning Loophole - This section undercuts parental authority, increases control over taxpayer dollars by family planning clinics, and expands exactly who is eligible to receive the benefits.
4. Education Bailout - $79 billion added to education, none of which may be used for school choice.
5. Education Shopping Spree - additional billions for various areas of education which will bring the total spent in this are to over $142 billion.
The following video, How Much Is $1 Trillion?, courtesy of You Tube:
What else does this bill contain? Here are a few examples from the San Francisco Chronicle. You may see many more at the Chronicle website.
• $200 million to rehabilitate the National Mall
• $276 million to fix the computer systems at the State Department
• $650 million to repair dilapidated Forest Service facilities
• $50 million outlay for the National Endowment for the Arts
This so-called stimulus will come from borrowed funds - funds that must be repaid by future generations of hard working Americans.
Is this what we want our children to inherit?
Click Here to Take Action Against This Stimulus Package Today.