March 15, 2009

The Healing Pool of Bethesda

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 01:03
This evening I feel a strong sense to pray for our world; I've never known a time when we've been so far apart from God as we are now.

And then I think of those who carry the sick to the pool of Bethesda. That is the image that crosses my mind right now when I think of the many saintly men and women whose daily prayers are dedicated for others -- they lift people up and carry them to the healing pool of Bethesda, to the living waters of Christ Himself.

Lord, through my inadequate prayers, I humbly lift our world to that healing water.

***

The following video, Lead me to the Cross -- The Passion of the Christ, courtesy of You Tube.




###







Together, we can help stop FOCA. Visit www.FightFOCA.com and join the almost 600,000 people who have signed the online Fight FOCA petition so far. Help be the voice for our unborn babies!

3 comments on "The Healing Pool of Bethesda"

Anonymous said...

Sweet Blog! Love it, Love it, Love it! Keep up the good work! God bless.

Lori on 3/16/09, 7:54 PM said...

Judi, it's interesting that you have blogged about the Pool of Bethesda. I have also had this story brought to memory over and over lately and have begun to pray that the Lord will stir those waters for the healing of America. Clearly this is a word of the Holy Spirit, and I can imagine that many others are being called to pray the same way. Thank you for posting this and confirming to my spirit how I have been asked to pray. God bless you, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm leading a bible study on John 5:1-29 on Monday. Praise God for his mercy, that he sent his Son for our reconciliation.

Here's a neat sermon by John Piper I found in preparing for the lesson: http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/1986/525_My_Prayer_to_God_Is_That_They_Might_Be_Saved/

It's not 100% related, but there is a lot more on his site that's worth reading/listening to.

Yours in Christ,

Sam

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez