March 2, 2009

In Lies We Trust

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 23:59

You have to admit one thing: like him or not, our President is certainly holding true to his promises of “change” for our America.

But there’s a problem, a big problem: Obama’s administration is destroying our country.

A few weeks ago, a concerned friend timidly asked if I was “okay.”

I had to think for a minute… was there something wrong that I had forgotten? After a moment or two, I assured her that I was fine.

“Well, everyone’s worried, Judi, after all, you’ve changed.”

“Have I?”

“Yes, you have. Why are you concentrating so much on the “tough” issues – just let it go! Forget all of this and concentrate on your family and your career! Abortion will always be there with you or without you. People don’t want “this Judi” - they loved you when you wrote about “lighter” things; you know, your family and your daughter. You were funny. We want the “old” Judi back.”

“Oh, I see. So I’m not so popular anymore, huh?”

“Well people are wondering what’s going on with you – what are you so angry about? You make people feel “uncomfortable.”

Unaffected, I respond: “Good. Uncomfortable is good. Party time is over, my friend.”

***

It amazes me that when someone chooses not to be “sheeple” it is assumed a mental breakdown has occurred. If being “sheeple” is synonymous with “popularity” than I opt to be unpopular.

Second by second we are loosing our rights and still there are those who choose to be blind. I can’t count the numbers of people I have spoken with who are ecstatic that Obama will pay for their mortgages.

Huh? Are they serious? And I’m accused of experiencing a meltdown? Ple-e-eazzz!

We only have to look at the cross to see what’s wrong. But instead of humbly submitting to Him, we choose to submit to lies. No longer a nation of “In God We Trust” America has willingly submitted into the nation of “In Lies We Trust”.

As our country rapidly yields to bigger government, we are facing the most serious threat to pro-life policies ever with the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). If passed, abortion would become an entitlement the government must fund and promote. All citizens would lose the freedom they now have to enact even the modest regulation of the abortion industry.

Today, March 2, the Drudge Report reluctantly reports:
President Barack Obama has named Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius --a Catholic who has aggressively promoted legal abortion-- to head the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
Great. Good news, huh?

Am I angry? You betcha! As a Catholic/Christian am I out of line with my outspokenness? Me thinks not. If one professes to be a Christ follower, then remaining silent is out of line. This administration was chosen out of desperation for a failing economy and, with that, look what is happening on Wall Street: despite Obama’s stimu-lie bill, despite the trillion-dollar bailout of the banks, despite the fact that AIG just received another 30 billion dollars from the government, the stock market dropped by 300 points -- the Dow is below 700 points.

America, including many Catholics and Christians, have unwisely compromised and gambled on short- term "hope" and America will demise unless we change from God-less to God-filled.

Whether FOCA passes in its entirety or in “piece-meal” rest assured, that this administration is determined to pass it.

***

The following video, Gianna Jessen Abortion Survivor in Australia Part 1 and Part 2, is a magnificent testimony from an abortion survivor (courtesy of You Tube):






There is nothing more I can add; Gianna says it all. As this beautiful woman proclaims, it is the mercy of God that sustains us even when we hate Him.

The time to act against this travesty is now; not later -- not tomorrow but now. At this time of serious national turmoil, Americans must unite to serve the good of all, born and unborn.

Where To Call:
US Capital switchboard: 202.224.3121. Ask for the offices of your Representative and two Senators.

The White House: 202.456.1111.

Where To Write:
The Honorable ________________________
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515


The Honorable ________________________
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510


The President of the United States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

E-mail:
To send e-mails to Capital Hill or the White House, please visit the special e-mail action page at: nchla.org.

***

Prayer For One’s Country
Most merciful Jesus, I beseech You through the intercession of Your Saints and especially the intercession of You dearest Mother who nurtured You from childhood: bless my native land. I beg You, Jesus, look not on our sins, but on the tears of little children, on the hunger and cold they suffer. Jesus, for the sake of these innocent ones, grant me the grace that I am asking of You for my country.

-- from Sister Fautina’s Divine Mercy Diary (286)

###







Together, we can help stop FOCA. Visit www.FightFOCA.com and join the almost 600,000 people who have signed the online Fight FOCA petition so far. Help be the voice for our unborn babies!

3 comments on "In Lies We Trust"

Anonymous said...

I love your site, I signed the petition. And you are so right. Together we can fight for our rights. Strong point was that we Christian's need to stand behind each other. Go girl. Great site.

Lori on 3/6/09, 1:27 AM said...

Keep fighting, Judi! Keep informing! You are a watchman on the wall!

Anonymous said...

Sites like yours are SO important. I hope that the Lord will direct women who are contemplating abortion to take a look at your site. The gadget you have showing the numbers of babies being aborted at the moment is so impacting. In fact, I went to that gagdget's site and will put it on my blog as well. Great job!.

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez