March 11, 2009

What, No G5s?

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 00:04

While Madam Speaker is thinking about creating another stimu-lie for us, her selfishness, oops, I mean her unselfish spirit amazes me. For instance, according to Judicial Watch, Ms. Pelosi, repeatedly makes demands on the military to personally shuttle her and her family... at our expense, not hers. Now honestly, while many of us are loosing our shirts, doesn't it "feel good" that we are working hard to keep Congress living the life that they're accustomed to? Anyway, read on:
“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has repeatedly requested military aircraft to shuttle her and her colleagues and family around the country, according to a new report from a conservative watchdog group.

Representatives for Judicial Watch, which obtained e-mails and other documents from a Freedom of Information request, said the correspondence shows Pelosi has abused the system in place to accommodate congressional leaders and treated the Air Force as her "personal airline."


Pelosi's office disputed the claim, pointing to White House policy enacted after the Sept. 11 attacks allowing for the House speaker to travel to his or her congressional district via military aircraft whenever possible for security reasons. Her office said she typically uses the same kind of aircraft used by her predecessor, Dennis Hastert.


But Judicial Watch said that Pelosi was notorious for making special demands for high-end aircraft, lodging last-minute cancellations and racking up additional expenses for the military.


The e-mails showed repeated attempts by Pelosi aides to request aircraft, sometimes aggressively, and by Department of Defense officials to accommodate them.


"I think that's above and beyond what other members of Congress are doing and what is expected of our elected officials," said Jenny Small, a researcher with the group.


In one e-mail, aide Kay King complained to the military that they had not made available any aircraft the House speaker wanted for Memorial Day recess.
"It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable ... The Speaker will want to know where the planes are," King wrote….” Read More
Madam Speaker, what a gal she is at that!

###

The following video, 60 Years - An Economic Song Parody, courtesy of You Tube
.


5 comments on "What, No G5s?"

Anonymous said...

Well done, I wish every one would read your all of your posts. Thanks JO.

Anonymous said...

OMG! This blog is great! You hold no punches do you, Judy? lol!!! Keep up the good work and I agree with you when you say Crhistians shouldn't be cowards - Thank God for people like you who tell it like it is and at the same time are really convicted Christ followers.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say that I am following you now. I have seen your site before but had not reviews left. I like your style of writing and your beliefs. Your site loads fast. I love the u-tube and will be back to read more.

Anonymous said...

simple and sweet blog love it. keep working!

Anonymous said...

I loved the first post I came to. It's a little problem I've had with the "crisis" that we have been going through, by we I mean the PEOPLE, not the government. I could go on and on about it, but I'm sure you know what I'm saying. Great job on your blog!

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez