June 22, 2009

The Plant A Cross Project

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 12:38

The following has been written and created by Chaplain Emil Milano of God and Country USA:

I am fed up with the ACLU, this Administration, the Gay agenda and every other group that is openly or secretly anti-Semitic and/or anti-Christian.

The ACLU is battling to have a War Memorial; a Cross, erected back in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars in memory of the dead of all wars, taken down. It is in California’s Mojave Desert; a remote area where the only visible signs of human activity are off-road vehicles and trail hikers.

There is also another matter of a courthouse and the display the Ten Commandments. It is time we took this country back for God!

How hateful can these atheists be? How often have I repeated the scripture that we wrestle not against flesh and blood? It is time we tell the ACLU just where to go! Their stand that my faith is offensive to them, is offensive to me. We also have rights.

That's right! To the Cross. We must act as a body united to show our unity as believers in Christ Jesus and stop allowing ourselves to be oppressed.

The Plant A Cross Project asks believers to erect a Cross on their front lawn but within local ordinances, which I would imagine does not allow for anything over four feet in height.

If you live in a community that must approve of everything, then a Cross on your door would be sufficient. Let the world know. Believers that pass your home will stop and ask you about it. Then you can share what it is all about. You may also make a new friend or possibly get a chance to witness, which is the great commission.

Let us proclaim Jesus in EVERY way possible. They won't allow Him in our schools, our courts or our Town Squares. We pay our taxes and by all rights should have the right to display our Faith.

"If you deny me before men, I will deny you before my Father who is in Heaven."
(Matthew 10:33)

I say, we shout it out. It is time for Christians to come out of the closet. If Gays could come out and accomplish what they did, why can't we as a single Body of Believers accomplish the same thing? We have God on our side. "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he [Jesus] that is in you, than he [Satan] that is in the world." (1John 4:4) Don't allow fear to stop you from proclaiming your Faith in Jesus Christ.

Can you imagine what we could do? "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper!" (Isaiah 54:17a) Come out of the closet and proclaim Jesus to your neighbors, all passersby and to the world. Let the world see how a small spark can start a fire of faith that can not be quenched!

SPREAD THE WORD.
THIS IS A GRASSROOTS EFFORT;
NO MONEY, NOR FUNDS FOR ADS.

http://www.godcountryusa.com


###


5 comments on "The Plant A Cross Project"

Sandy said...

Wow - Awesome blog! Layout design is so eye appealing, but what you write is even more appealing. Thanks too for leading me to ResistNet.com. I'm also now a follower of your blog and will add its link to my Facebook profile today to share with my friends.

Anita Hughes said...

Sounds like a great idea to me..As soon as my husband is able I will have him to make a cross and put it in our yard.. On the next road from my house someone has a manger and a cross in their yard..They have little clear lights outlining them and they are lit up at night..I love going by that scene.

Margaret on 6/23/09, 6:15 PM said...

this is such an original idea. Our town has strict limits on signs, and goodness knows what they would say about a religious object but I'll check it out and let you know the result.

Margaret said...

I really enjoy reading your postings and following your comments. You raise awareness on numerous subjects and I look forward to dropping by again.

Carol on 6/24/09, 10:48 AM said...

Amen, I often feel like finding a paperbag and breathing into it. I pray everyday often, that God helps us weary people that love him so much.

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez