June 26, 2009

We Are The World

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 14:50

Yesterday, I was saddened by the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. My prayers remain for them and their loved ones.

In thinking about our mortality, I remembered the “We Are The World” project that Jackson created in the 80s and how powerful his vision was in uniting people of all faiths and colors because…

[Through God] we are the world.

Imagine how much stronger peace can be established if we would abandon our heart's completely to God's will instead of man's.

Today, I dedicate this post for all to pray for reconciliation and world peace. Let’s remember that God intended us to live together respectfully in love. God bless everyone.

***
Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.


O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

###

The following video, We Are The World, courtesy of You Tube.

1 comments on "We Are The World"

Kathleen Frangeskos on 7/1/09, 2:12 AM said...

Hi,
I think you have a wonderful blog site...and it is true...so sad how Michael Jackson passed away...and all the great healing he did among different types of people, here on earth. WE ARE THE WORLD was a great effort to bring all of us together...

I also did a post or tribute to MJ on my site entitled
JESUS KNOWS YOU BEST.BLOGSPOT.COM
Please visit anytime...
Sincerely

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez