April 19, 2009

America’s Driving Force Must First Be God

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 18:33

This past week I have witnessed an array of mixed feelings regarding our country’s future. Amidst confusion, the echo within many is, “What next?”

Some events of the past week: DHS issued a report releasing a security assessment of "right-wing extremism" (which undoubtedly includes myself and my family), there were nationwide Tea Party’s on April 15, and…

a fellow church member whom I hired as a nurse to care for my 85-year-old father quit.

[What the heck does someone quitting have to do with America’s future?]

Hold, on, let me continue…

Passionate as I am, I am active within the pro-life movement and, yes, attended the Charleston Tea Party.

My dad’s nurse thinks I’m a racist’ and blatantly stated she’s never met “anyone as bigoted [as me] in her life.”

Why?

Because she feels Obama “is wonderful” and I do not.

Did I mention that my dad’s nurse is black?

Did I mention that I am white?

Does it matter? No, but apparently to the “sheeple” it does.

Let me shout my belief’s from all roof tops, folks,
“The state of affairs within our America has nothing to di with race! It has everything to do with our freedoms being taken from us [due to a corrupt government] and the mess our children are inheriting!”

Trust me, as an Italian, if John Gotti was our president, I’d feel the same… so, would that make me anit-Italian?

I’m tired, folks, tired, tired, tired.

Since I do not know our president personally, I cannot say a thing about him as a person, HOWEVER, as an American citizen, I am certainly “free” to protest against policies I disagree with and, for me, that’s what this is all about.

But wait – there’s more!

It’s bad enough that we’ve a nation divided but, more alarmingly, is the division amongst fellow Christians.

If we are who we say we are than confusion wouldn’t exist however, as I’ve stated in my previous article, we’ve become a nation who has “sold-out” and that, my friends, is America’s crime and why she’s in trouble.

America, the once strongest nation in the world is now ruled by fear. Let me put it this way: until we get our priorities in order, I promise you, it ain’t gonna get any better


America’s Driving Force Must First Be God
As Christians we profess that, “With God all things are possible” yet contradict ourselves constantly.

I firmly believe that if we truly consecrate ourselves back to our God while asking humbly for His forgiveness we’d find solutions amidst our confusion.

For Catholics, today is Divine Mercy Sunday; a day we celebrate Jesus’ loving-kindness. On this day, one week after Easter, we are reminded why Jesus rose from the dead: to shower the world with His Divine Mercy. Now, unless we reject Him outright, He will never deny us.

As Peter walked through the streets of Jerusalem, many people brought their sick friends and relatives to him “in order that Peter’s shadow might fall on one or another of them… And they were all cured” (Acts 5:15,16). It was such a simple act, taking a friend to the side of the road, but it resulted in amazing miracles. Jesus didn’t wait for them to drum up heroic faith. All they needed was to take one small step, and He came running to them.


This is the message that God gave St. Faustina through the Divine Mercy. “The graces of mercy,” Jesus once told her, “are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive.” Or to put it another way: Everyone who trusts—receives!


God has so much in store for us, America! If we'd simply repent to Him as a nation, we will find the Divine Mercy that we so deeply need. Jesus isn’t waiting for us to drum up heroic courage. All He needs is for us to take one step toward Him, and He will rush in with His Forgiveness, His Healing, and His Strength. He is America's Way!


Plain and simple
: America, We Need God In America Again.


Anyone up for it? We’re loosing so much that there really isn’t much more to loose.

“Jesus, your love is beyond words. For the sake of your sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Please open the eyes of our leaders and heal our America.”

***

The following video, We Need God in America Again, courtesy of You Tube.




###

9 comments on "America’s Driving Force Must First Be God"

Anonymous said...

Those who do NOT go forward unafraid to oppose this tyranny growing upon us have found themselves another god to worship! Whether they name themselves Christian or not is not even pertinent... "by their fruits ye shall know them"! Another inspired post, my sister-in-Christ! God, and God alone, WILL PREVAIL! May our Lord bless you all! --Laura Lloyd

Anonymous said...

God bless you my sister in the Lord, keep up the good fight, the road will get alot more rocky than it is now, but theres a light at the end of the tunnel that light is the Lord Jesus who is coming back soon. What a glorious day that will be! :))
When everything around looks like its going to cave in, if we cling to our Lord, He will give us the strength and Grace to endure it. And He is with us always, at all times, He carries us when we think we can go on no longer, He is our pillar and our coming King
I stand with you and pray that America rights itself up and returns once more to the Nation it once was when government leaders loved God and prayed.
Cynthia Sue Braxton

Anonymous said...

Fighting the Good fight is the only fight worth fighting!!
It's time we all stand up for the truth. D. Gibbs

Carol on 4/20/09, 11:12 AM said...

My heart goes out to you. I find the anger a sure sign that God is not with many people. The tea parties showed how we can come together, show our feelings without looting, throwing things and swearing. We the people of God are truly loving and angered by the people who call us terrists. That is what they are in their hearts. We are taking a step towards God I know it in my heart.
God Bless

Rosangela on 4/20/09, 6:55 PM said...

Amen!

I am tired, too!

When will people wake up? Well, I know the answer: never!
Because we are leaving Mat24. 2Tim3, Dan7,8,9
It is as God warned us: End of Times. Those who do not have Him, cannot see it.
Many who go to church, does not have Him. They go thru the motions and the traditions, and as a Nation, we allowed too much pushing God out of the scene. When He was the center of the Nation, it was a strong Nation. Just like He did to the Islaelites of Ancient times. Away from Him - into loss, strife, confusion, lost of sovereignty.
God is loving and as a good father, strong in punishing, too. Amen!

Diana said...

Amen Judi! Well said!!

Emil J Milano said...

Amen by dear Sister Judi, another Home Run for the Lord. May He be Glorified through out the Land and Hid people humble themselves before Him, repent and pray so that He might hear from Heaven and heal our land, in Jesus name, Amen

Teresa on 4/21/09, 12:41 PM said...

Judi, I agree wholeheartedly. Faith of a mustard seed, but somehow we cannot even have the smallest faith as a nation. We will be judged, God is loving and He is Justice.

Thank you for the wake-up call! Praying with you for the heart change of America's citizens.

Teresa

Angelj052@gmail.com on 4/21/09, 8:05 PM said...

You are not alone, Judy, not at all. And I do not believe for a second that you are racist. the Bible says that "He shall send a strong deliusion that they shall believe a lie." I believe the time is now. People are just not seeing...I hope you find another nurse quickly.

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez