April 29, 2009

Does anyone remember THIS America?

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 00:00
BREAK TIME!
Does anyone remember THIS America?





With the help of our Almighty God, may all be awakened to the need to preserve and protect the freedoms upon which our America has been built.

***

God Bless America, 

Land that I love. 

Stand beside her,
and guide her 

Thru the night
with a light from above. 


From the mountains, to the prairies, 

To the oceans, white with foam 

God bless America,
My home sweet home.
—Irving Berlin © Copyright 1938,
1939 by Irving Berlin


###

2 comments on "Does anyone remember THIS America?"

Landa Jensen said...

I vaguely remember this America and will quote Ray Milland in his book "Wide-Eyed In Babylon." "Most of my pedestals stand empty and the world seems filled with predators, so that I have come to the conclusion that my periennial nostalgia is not for a place but for a time. A time of good manners, of elegance and modesty, of honor and pride and self-respect. Many of these qualities remain with me only faintly, but I remember them and know that if I can recapture and polish then I shall be safe."

lorene said...

Sure brings back some memories of happier times and better places doesn't it?

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez