January 30, 2009

Choosing To Be Politically “In-Correct”

Posted by Judi Lynn Lake at 14:24
Prior to the birth of my daughter in 1999, I had had four miscarriages. I not only mourned my losses, I also named each child: Timothy, Luke, Isabel and Gabriel.

To this day, I not only think about them but also rejoice for their safety in Paradise. I know they reside among the living and are loved.

Years before, I had also conceived through a violent rape but miscarried that child as well. His name was Jesse, and, like the others, I think about him often.

For me, I have never questioned when life begins; it’s always been a gift to be respected and cherished regardless of circumstances. I don’t believe that Christianity is a requirement for being pro-life since this issue is fundamentally about the decency and dignity of all human life. I do, however, personally believe it is only God’s job alone to give and take life.

At the very moment I am writing this, I think of the division within our country as well as our new administration. Certainly being “pro-life” immediately alienates me from this new administration, and while I can’t condone our president’s policies on abortion, I know I am called to pray for him and those who share his beliefs.

Will this new administration be an asset for our nation? I really don’t know… I hope so, but don’t know....

I do know, however, that our president had made it known that, upon taking office, he would remove all federal restrictions on funding embryonic stem-cell research. While Obama has already reversed the Mexican City Order, he also intends to sign the Freedom of Choice Act. Seldom has our nation ever been confronted with such an extreme measure.

The Freedom of Choice Act will invalidate for the entire country all restrictions on abortion before viability, including parental notification, waiting periods and partial-birth abortion bans. President Obama has no problem supporting legislation that would even kill a child who survived a botched abortion.

For Christians, if at this stage our anger is directed at President Obama then our anger is misdirected. Obama is not the enemy. He needs and deserves our prayers, not our condemnation.

As Christians, it is important to know that we are not without guilt. In our Supreme Court and Congress there are many professed Christians who have compromised the fundamental truths of Christianity. This past November, over 50 percent of our electorate voted for a president who is one of the most liberal pro-choice candidates run for the highest office of the land.

In order to bring about a transformation in our nation from “a culture of death to a culture of life,” we must first restore our own personal Christian identities and bravely live our lives in such a way that will bear true witness to what we profess to believe in and live by.

We must be conscious that the moral framework of our beliefs hardly ever fit the ideologies of any political party. Our values are often not "politically correct" but, as true believers, it is not only our right, but our responsibility to speak out on moral issues that go against our God’s teachings.

How many of us really believe what we say we believe in? At the risk of being unpopular, and if we really believe, then we must choose to be “politically in-correct” in order make a difference.

Within this cultural war we are living in, are we truly willing to take “the road less traveled?”

***

Following is a prayer, chosen by Priest for Life (http://www.priestsforlife.org/) to help end abortion.

Prayer To End Abortion
Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

###

The following video, Homily at Funeral of Three Aborted Babies, courtesy of You Tube.




###

Judi Lynn Lake has kept up with leading edge business trends throughout her varied and successful career. She had already had her "15 minutes of fame" over and over again before starting her family. Judi and her family now reside in South Carolina, but, having been born and raised on Long Island, NY, it is clearly evident that she will always be a "New Yorker." Today, she successfully runs her own advertising agency which handles everything from logos, branding and package design while she continues to work closely with self-published authors from design to promotion. For more information, visit judilake.com

###







Together, we can help stop FOCA. Visit www.FightFOCA.com and join the almost 600,000 people who have signed the online Fight FOCA petition so far. Help be the voice for our unborn babies!



0 comments on "Choosing To Be Politically “In-Correct”"

 

Life As It Happens Copyright 2009 Judi Lynn Lake. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Image by Tadpole's Notez